Health Risk Management
June 13, 2003
10:00 a.m. Central Time
John Stark, Sharon Kuester, Trevor Pollitt
Topics to work on
the survey results
Most of the topics chosen at all had 2 votes. The chosen ones (from the
list circulated) were
- Asset Risk
- Rapid growth or decline in membership
- Effect of provider negotiations/relations on solvency
- General catastrophes
- Wall Street pressures
- Risk Based Capital
- Capital needs when health is not your only line of business
- RBC is already being covered elsewhere: at most, need liaison from
- Last item is within purview of RBC.
- Most immediate effect we could have is to reduce misinformation.
- Create seminars for brokerage houses.
- Sponsor academic study of predictive value of indicators being used
to compare companies (ex: days of unpaid claims). If study has already
been done, raise its profile.
- Others are interesting, but need a champion who can refine concepts
and possible work products
These suggested work
products entail very different levels of effort, but even the latter one
is not trivial. We should work with Society staff to clarify the scope
of a study, and determine whether it has already been done. Anyone who
would like to help this process, please volunteer.
Our next meeting
can occur after we have some plan for the study, in terms of funding and
| Events | Library
| Links | Finance
Contact Us |
Site Map | SOA
Homepage | What's